Sunday, May 11, 2014
Feature Article
I read an article of Top 10 Best Movies from Time. They made a list of top ten movies of the past year, 2013. The top ten movies were The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, 12 Years a Slave, The Act of Killing, Frozen, Furious 6, The Grandmaster, Her, American Hustle, The Great Beauty, and Gravity. I don't really particularly 100% agree with this list as there are a lot of other good movies that could have replaced it but the reasons they provided justified the choice. The author just summarizes each entry and added a little something about what was special about the movie. The movies I didn't particularly like was The Hobbit because I had no interest in seeing it and the people I knew that did see it were bored to death. Another movie is 12 Years a Slave. I thought the topic of the movie was overrated. Racism is always talked about and making a movie about it just seemed so repetitive. It was a well-made movie and the acting was phenomenal but I just didn't care for the theme. I really loved the movie Frozen. It's the first Disney movie in a while that I didn't think was too kiddish for me. I honestly enjoyed the movie for what is was and the message it sent out to kids. I really wanted to see Her because it had such a unique concept for a movie. Furious 6, I thought, shouldn't have been on the list at all. American Hustle was a great film, then again anything by David O. Russell within the last year is amazing. The Grandmaster and The Great Beauty I have no idea what they are about. I completely agree with the number one choice of Gravity. The movie was visually compelling and the story was brilliantly written. The sound and visual effects were stunning. Overall, the top ten had decent movies but didn't really talk about much great films.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment