Sunday, May 11, 2014
Obituaries: Shirley Temple
I read the obituary of Shirley Temple by Aljean Harmetz. It was a really well written article that greatly illustrated the life of the actor. The Shirley Temple article really used a vivid and descriptive lead of what made Shirley Temple so well known: "Shirley Temple Black, who as a dimpled, precocious and determined little
girl in the 1930s sang and tap-danced her way to a height of Hollywood
stardom and worldwide fame that no other child has reached, died on
Monday night at her home in Woodside, Calif. She was 85". I thought it was really a cute way of letting the reader know what made Shirley Temple, Shirley Temple. The article goes on saying on she was the one that really brought hope in the depression era and it really glorifies Shirley. I think this really shows how great of a person and actor she was. The article even mentioned things that I wasn't aware of like the fact that she had a mastectomy and helped other women to get tested for lumps when talking about cancer was a taboo. I really admire her a lot more now. The article goes on talking about her early career and sheds light on how she was treated. It was mostly good things. It also talked about her mother and how she was "bathed in love". There several things that I didn't know about Shirley Temple that were told in the article. I think this obituary was very well researched and they definitely got their facts straight through other members of the family. The article, for the most part, follows a typical feature-style obituary. I think this obituary is in good taste and really shows the life of Shirley Temple that many people didn't really know about before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment