Sunday, May 11, 2014

Review

I read a review of Wolf of Wall Street by Peter Bradshaw on The Guardian. I really love this movie and so this article very much shares my same views. The review starts off with a summary of the movie and I think it does so correctly without spoiling too much. The author of this review first talks about Leonardo DiCaprio and his acting skills. He goes into great details on how he portrayed the character and how the movie developed around him. He also goes into details about Scorsese's other movies and how they compare to this movie now. I think this movie is hilarious and although it is somewhat excessive with the sex and drugs, it just fun to watch! As he mentions, "But what gives the film its unwholesome black-comic fizz, and a measure of originality, is that Belfort never displays any remorse; there is no narrative comeuppance, no rebuke from anyone whose moral authority he recognises. The sulphurous whiff is conjured by his very impenitence. And if we suspect that in 2014 the financial world agrees with former Barclays CEO Bob Diamond that its 'period of remorse needs to be over'– well, maybe Belfort is the broker for our times. And he never saw any need for any period of remorse in the first place." he really breaks down the movie and offers his own interpretation of what the movie means to him and provide a great insight of how the movie should be looked at. I really love this movie and after reading this review, I appreciate the movie more.   

No comments:

Post a Comment